Posts tagged with "Thoughts"
1. Act in a manner which benefits your person, not in a manner which may blemish or bring upon suspicion of your character.
2. Do not lie. Additionally, do not say anything that may make your heart feel heavy afterwards.
3. Do not feel sorry for yourself and do not accept anyone’s pity. Pity is petty.
4. Always treat others with respect.
5. Love your mother. This is important.
6. Speak with dignity. Enunciate your words properly.
7. You do not have to be overly pessimistic or even overly optimistic. Just be realistic.
8. Do not be afraid to dream, but be practical.
9. Believe in what you want to believe, and do not allow yourself to be moved from it.
10. Smile for photographs.
11. Be kind, but do not expect kindness in return.
12. In fact, do not expect anything in return.
13. Respect your mother.
14. Dress well. You never know who might be looking.
15. Love women in general, regardless of your sexual orientation.
16. Do not skip breakfast.
17. Call your mother.
18. Get an education, if not for the sake of a better life, then at least for the sake of being able to hold intelligent conversation.
19. Always have intelligent conversation.
20. Be patient with others, be even more patient with yourself.
21. Treat others as people, as human beings and not as objects or ideas or monetary values.
22. Invest some time and interest in the arts.
23. Try new food.
24. Do not be afraid to get your heart broken. Do it again, and again, and again, if need be. Let it inspire you in new and dangerous ways.
25. Always give yourself room to grow.
He looked at me like I was crazy. Most of my lovers do, and that’s partly why they love me, and partly why they leave.
I love you, but I’m mad at you is one of the most freeing, important things you can say in a stable relationship. Does that make sense? To know that you have the ability and the right to be mad at someone and know that it doesn’t mean things are over, that it doesn’t mean things are irreparable. That it just means I’m mad, but God, I love you. I love you. Now leave me alone.
Be soft, do not let the world make you hard.
The majority of the world have been hardened by whatever cards they have been handed, whatever they have dealt with and that’s okay. And consequently, the majority of these people will react to circumstances, situations or even each other with coldness and hesitation. Experience or life’s troubles and regrets have left them a little selfish, mean or even manipulative. It’s all in order to be more self-protectant and aware. But just because it’s rare to come across people who are kind, so utterly and real— do not use the excuse of how much you’ve been hardened to undermine them, or second guess their nature. They exist. Not because their experiences have been any easier, but maybe because they’ve finally surpassed the stage of madness, spite and anger. They are finally at peace within themselves. You’ll meet people like this, let them in. Try not to exhaust them. But at least allow them to be close enough to your sharper edges because they are meant to soften you.